Shared by Anonymous
There’s yet another theory why February 14th was chosen as the holiday of love. People believed
that this was the time when birds started to mate.Since doves and pigeons mate for life, they came to symbolise fidelity. Based on the idea of the birds finding their mates, young men chose their valentine by drawing names from a box on St. Valentine’s Day. lf a young girl, on the other hand, wanted to have a vision of her future husband, she had to go to a graveyard on the eve of St. Valentine’s Day, sing a special chant and run around the church twelve times [...]
- Valentine myths and legends: Everybody knows that Valentine’s Day is about cards, flowers, love and hearts. Do you know, however, when and how it all began? Do the following quiz to check how much you know about St. Valentine’s Day.
- Love poems: Writing love poems for one’s sweetheart used to be a very common Valentine’s Day activity. The lines of this love poem have been jumbled up. Put them in the correct order. The rhymes and indentation should be your clues. The first verse has been done for you, as has the first line of each verse.
- Blind date: Imagine you are at a party organised by a dating agency. Socialise with the other guests and try to find the partner of your dreams. You must keep the basic information for your character but you can invent any additional information.
- Valentine jokes: Match the questions with the right answers and learn some Valentine jokes.
- Valentine fun: Find 14 words connected with love in the wordsearch. The clues below will help you. The words may go in any direction: horizontally, vertically, diagonally, forwards and backwards.
Rate my worksheet please!
Similar esl worksheets and ideas