Shared by Anonymous
The title of this reading passage is “Lessons from the Titanic” – it’s a classic when it comes to sample IELTS reading texts. What follows is a set of IELTS tasks based on the text. Be warned, the reading is very long and you shouldn’t base a whole lesson on it. I recommend you let your students read it at home and assign the tasks on installments – preferably to be done at home as well.
- Complete the summary below. Choose your answers from the box at the bottom of the page and write them in boxes 1-8 on your answer sheet.
- Choose the heading which best sums up the primary cause of the problem described in paragraphs
- Do the following statements agree with the views of the writer in the reading passage? Write: yes / no / not given
- Choose the appropriate letters A-D and write your answers in boxes 1-3 on your answer sheet.
- The writer mentions a number of factors related to poor communication which contributed to the disaster. Which 3 of the following factors are mentioned?
- Complete the table below using information from the reading passage. Write no more than three words for each answer.
- Complete the sentences below using words taken from the reading passage. Use no more than three words for each answer.
- Using no more than three words, answer the following questions. Write your answers in boxes 1-3 on your answer sheet.
Rate my worksheet please!
Similar esl worksheets and ideas