1) Students listen to the recording (a BBS podcast) about a 19-year-old girl who had been bullied by her younger female friends. To escape the persecutors she decided to jump from the third floor. As a result she died.
Tell students to listen to the radio programme and then elicit all the important information from them, such as: how many bullies were there, why did the girl jump, why did they argue etc.
2) Elicit types of punisment Students know and pu them on the whitebaord. Ask Ss to work in small groups and discuss what punishment the bullies should receive. Make them justify their opinions.
3) Ss work in pairs and discuss the situations presenting various crimes by minors. Ss should discuss what punishment is suitable in each situation and why (These situations were taken from "Taboos and Issues").
1. ________________’s daughter2. find guilty of ________________3. violent ________________4. ________________ Police5. it basically ________________ the effects of bullying6. ________________ experience7. two of the girls ________________ up on Jose Marry8. she was ________________ towards the end of the evening9. is seen to ________________ assault her, ________________ her hair, trying to ________________ her top off with punches and ________________ [...]
- BBC podcast "Bullied girl jumps to her death", Taboos and Issues (find it on google »)
Rate my worksheet please!
Similar esl worksheets and ideas