Shared by Krystyna
- Running dictation is what you get when reading, memorization, dictation and of course… running are combined!
- Ss work in pairs.
- Prepare a short reading passage and put it outside of the classroom. If you can’t place the text outside, put it on one of the walls.
- One person withinin each pair is a writer. Another person is a messenger.
- The messenger runs to the text, memorizes a chunk of it, and quickly runs back to his/her partner to say it. The writer’s job is to recreate the text as accurately as possible.
- The writer can ask for repetition, clarification, spelling etc. The messenger can get back to the text as many times as s/he wants.
- Make sure the messenger isn’t shouting out the text across the classroom!
Rate my worksheet please!
Similar esl worksheets and ideas